快捷登录

扫码登录更安全

转 我的第一次铁人三项

来源: 路边飞 2009-2-4 22:24:34 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

登录后获得更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
我的第一次铁人三项

很高兴我有机会参与到这项让人惊叹的活动中——铁人三项赛。我很感激我能生活在这样一个自由民主的国度,不仅没有战争,而且有超出想象的美丽。有5000 名志愿者为2500名运动员提供服务,感谢彭蒂克顿的人们作为东道主长年坚持举办如此精彩的比赛。一年前我就开始准备参加在彭蒂克顿举办的加拿大铁人赛,我完成了14个马拉松赛,参加了很多半程铁人三项赛,但是参加铁人赛始终让我犹豫不决,看上去已经超出了我的能力。我的铁人赛的计划是这样的:

对最好充满希望
为最坏做好准备
期待奇迹发生
    我最大的担心是需要在游完2.4英里和骑完112英里还要跑26英里,这是个巨大的挑战。这些人是怎么做到的呢?我的朋友Don Henderson将铁人赛中的马拉松更多的比喻为朝圣之旅,一次朝向神圣土地的旅行。我选择参加铁人赛是因为我知道这是一次朝向未知的神圣旅途。自从我看到Paula Newby Fraser和Mark Allen在1992年的夏威夷Kailua Kona完成这项壮举后,我就梦想也完成它。

对最好充满希望
     我最近接触和描写了两位从生命垂危中挽救过来的人,他们学会了如何享受恢复的旅程,如何超越目前的困境,两人的关键就在于将结果理想化。他们每天都践行这个方法,他们看起来很健康,生活充满生机。我跟在他们的后面,突然开始想象自己在铁人赛的终点线前高举双臂庆祝胜利的情景,想象周围的观众为我欢呼的情景。

很显然下一步就是请个教练来制定可行的训练计划。我不必去为比赛重新准备自行车,因为我从我朋友David Kazakoff那里租到一辆,他课参加了九次铁人赛了。他很聪明的每个月给我一次计划,这样我就可以保持注意力而不必在训练末期过于牵挂严格的训练。以下是我训练的四个主要组成部分:

平衡——游泳、骑车和跑步
集中——一次训练只练一种
发现——享受每一份经验,拥抱神奇的旅途
快乐——除非你能体验到期中的快乐,否则没有理由进行完全部的训练

我观察过很多为铁人赛而进行的不同的三项训练方式,我心中的两位英雄是LEslie Riva和Lori Allin,因为他们看起来这样高兴,热爱训练和比赛的每一分钟,我也要像他们那样。

为最坏做好准备
    通过训练以及比赛本身我很狡猾的学会了要为一旦出现问题而早做准备。我经历过很多有挑战性的事情,包括前变速器脱落,胎爆以及恶劣的骑车天气。最难忘怀的一天训练发生在六月下旬,我在一个小岛上兴致勃勃的开始我那年最长的一次骑车(180km),随身还带了两条备胎。一路上都很快乐,只有轻微的懊恼,直到当听见最后一条胎爆。我已经没有备胎了,离家还有70km,气温是34℃。很幸运我随身带着移动电话,还记得当地出租车公司的电话号码。然而当我听见调度员说在三个小时候都不能来接我时,嘴角都歪了。最终我好不容易联系到了我的办公室经理Nancy,他将我从步行回家的境地中解救了出来。不必说我对可靠的同事和移动电话十分感激。

2006年8月27日周日是比赛日,为此我做好了准备。很幸运我的女友Laurie和她12岁的儿子Taylor都异乎寻常的支持我。他们和我一起4点半起来,一起来到出发点领号码布和进行赛前准备。Taylor在我跑步过程中一直沿途骑车为我加油。我总是在想为何他老是骑在我前面,然后我知道了他是不好意思穿着紫红色的自行车Apanky短裤在我身边,他不让他朋友看到他和我在一起。发令枪响游泳开始,我非常兴奋的和2500名选手一起开始比赛。我将其视作一次娱乐,一次长距离的训练而已。在头300米的游泳中,我的鼻子和下巴被踢到了,也听见有人在喊“滚开”。我应当按照《铁人三项》的作者兼教练 Ray Fauteux所说的那样呆在所有人的左边。不过我还是保持了冷静,专注于正常的游泳。当我离开水面时,广播员正大声喊着我们的名字。在听见之前我脱掉了湿衣服,光着上身跑向换衣的地方。

很容易找到了我的自行车,开始我下一段旅途。在公路上骑车的感觉是绝对的棒,头60公里途经Oliverhe和Osoyoos,这段路程非常轻松,感觉和好。三天前我还骑车经过这段路,因此我知道有挑战性的爬坡将出现在Richter的路口,会持续大概2-3小时。沿着Richter路口向上看去,非常壮观,我沿途还在和人们谈论着这件事。维持持续的警察对我们非常宽容,因为在这样大的盛会中几乎不可能保持距离前面一辆车四个车身长。每10英里有个补给站,我喜欢在脸上和身体上淋一下冰水。整个途中粉丝们的支持是相当让人敬佩的,我真的很感激Dave、Jennifer和Pheona在车上为我加油。

此外,即使我在车上和跑步途中准备了五瓶Gatorade,但是我一次都没有去方便。显然我的身体用尽了所有的水分。Yellow Lake的爬坡赛段让我想起了环法赛事,我非常渴望组委会可以允许我们摘下头盔。下坡的风让我感到非常惬意,看着Penticton及其机场我喜极而泣。自行车比赛接近尾声,我已经极度兴奋,感觉就像风筝一样高昂。

期待奇迹发生
      很轻松的下车然后穿上舒适的跑步短裤。我换衣的过程很好,补充之后准备出发。现在没有什么可以阻挡我,因为跑步是我最擅长的项目。不过刚跑过3英里一件有趣的事情发生了。我本来计划跑1英里然后步行通过每个补给点,然而跑过第三个补给点后我再也跑不动了。我已经疲惫不堪,不得不开始步行,还剩下2英里,还需要爬坡,顶风前进,同时冒着33℃的高温。我会怎么做?正在此时我仿佛听到我的游泳教练Malcolm在耳边说道我已经非常努力完成了自行车赛,已经没有什么可以失去的了。“老实说,我正在退缩!”同时我想起了Paula Newby Fraser告诫我的当发生这些事情的时候最好有所准备。

我新的计划吃一些不同种类的食品,因为我对能量棒已经非常恶心了。我吃了很多葡萄,喝了许多水,但是不管用。最后的希望就是在半程处的特殊补给站,我在那里放了一包婴儿的杏仁干和一把勺子,我狼吞虎咽的消灭了这些食物,胃好受了一些,开始可以慢跑到下一处补给站,发现那里有橙子,这是也我喜欢的东西。逐渐我恢复了体力,几英里之后我可以以正常的配速开始跑步了。现在我的情绪已经完全改善了,不再垂头丧气,而是充满了斗志。在24英里处,我再次在一座讨厌的山坡下感到非常疲惫,但是我已经接近终点了,我可以听见粉丝的助威呐喊声了。不管怎样我都要坚持奔跑,双腿很疼,步幅也缩短了,但是好像有魔法一样来自夹道人群的欢呼一级终点附近的加油推着向前进。眼前一片模糊,我已经看不清楚该向何处跑去,突然听到一阵熟悉的笑声中有我的名字,并与我击掌庆祝,这是 Laurie。她的出现和支持让我突然爆发了起来,争取冲过终点。
     在终点线前上帝给了我和我周围的竞争者设置了最后一个障碍。我们得折返跑半英里才能通过终点,这让我很着急,但是更重要的是不能停下来。我跑过折返点,冲向终点。

接下来的几分钟让我想起了濒死体验,我所能记得的只有来自周围观众山呼海啸的欢呼和终点令人目眩的灯光,我能作的就是跑向光明,然后就能回家了。欢呼越发响亮,灯光越发明亮,我感到好像万物都变慢了,我正在接近圣杯。在终点线前Laurie挤到人群前面再次和我击掌,广播员在大声喊道:“又来了一位英雄!”我胜利地高举双臂,这是我以前千百遍梦到的场景,冲过终点线的感觉无比美好,片刻之后便感到生活是如此的美妙。

大神点评8

路边飞 2009-2-4 22:25:24 显示全部楼层
My First Iron Man Triathlon
Dr. Larry Smith

I am very grateful to have had the opportunity to participate in such an amazing event as the Iron Man Triathlon. I truly value living in a free and democratic country that is not only war free but beautiful beyond belief. To have 5000 volunteers for 2500 athletes is phenomenal and I commend the people of Penticton for continuing to do such an outstanding job of hosting this event. The journey to the starting line of Iron Man Canada in Penticton started about a year ago. I had completed 14 marathons and a handful of ½ Iron Man triathlons but the Iron Man always seemed so mind boggling and apparently out of my reach. My Iron Man game plan was to:
Hope for the Best
Plan for the Worst and
Expect the Unexpected
The biggest obstacle in my mind was the gargantuan task of running a full 26 mile marathon after swimming 2.4 miles and biking 112 miles. How did these people do it? My friend Don Henderson described the marathon in the Iron Man as a more of a “pilgrimage” or journey to the sacred land. I chose to compete in the Iron Man because I knew it would be a sacred journey into the unknown. I dreamed about completing it ever since I saw Paula Newby Fraser and Mark Allen conquer the course in Kailua Kona, Hawaii in 1992.

Hope for the Best
I recently researched and wrote about two people who recovered from life threatening illnesses. They learned to embrace the journey of recovery and transcended their tragic circumstances. The key for both of these people was to visualize the end result. They practiced visualization daily and saw themselves as healthy and leading happy productive lives. I followed in their foot steps and immediately started visualizing myself at the Iron Man finish line with my arms raised in victory and the crowd cheering loudly.

The obvious next step was to hire a coach and come up with a feasible training schedule. I did not have to reinvent the wheel in preparing for the race as I hired my friend David Kazakoff, a nine-time Iron Man finisher. He wisely gave me my schedule one month at a time so I could keep focused and not get too concerned about the rigorous training near the end. The four key components of my training were:

Balance - The three disciplines of swim, bike and run
Focus - On the current workout only
Discovery - Enjoy all of the experiences and embrace this sacred journey
Fun - There is no point in doing all this training unless you enjoy the experience and have fun.
I have observed many triathletes train for the Iron Man with vastly different approaches. My two heroes are Leslie Riva and Lori Allin because they always looked so happy and seemed to love every minute of their training and the race itself. I wanted to be like them!

Plan for the Worst
I was astutely instructed to prepare for something to go wrong during training sessions and on race day itself. I had my share of challenges including a fickle front derailleur, a rash of 10 flat tires and horrible cycling weather. The most memorable training day occurred in late July. I was nicely on my way up island for my longest bike ride of the year (180km) when I got two flat tires in a row. I was only mildly annoyed and merrily on my way until I heard the dreaded thump of yet another flat tire. I was out of spare tubes, 70 kilometers away from home and it was about 34 degrees Celsius. Luckily I packed a cell phone and had memorized the local taxi company’s number. However, my mouth dropped when the dispatcher said he could not pick me up for another three hours! I finally managed to contact my office manager Nancy who graciously saved me from walking home. Needless to say, I have a great respect and appreciation for loyal employees and cell phones.

Sunday August 27, 2006 was race day and I was ready. I was very fortunate and grateful to have the fantastic support of my girlfriend Laurie and her 12 year old son Taylor. They woke up with me at 4:30 and accompanied me to the start line for body marking and pre race preparation. Taylor supported me on my training runs by riding along side on his bike. I always wondered why he was always riding so far in front of me. Later I learned that he was embarrassed with me wearing my purple biking “spanky” pants. He couldn’t let his friends see him with me!

When the cannon blasted to start the swim I was very excited along side the other 2500 competitors. I was going to have fun and treat this as just one long day of training. Within the first 300 meters of the swim, I was punched in the nose and kicked in the chin. I also heard a cry of, “get off of me!” I should have followed the swim strategy of the Iron Man triathlon author and expert Ray Fauteux and stayed totally to the left of everybody! However, I remained calm and focused and had a decent swim. As I exited the water, the announcer was boisterously calling out all our names. Before I knew it, I had my wet suit off and navigated my way to the change tent full of naked bodies and wet suits.
I found my bike easily and was on the next stage of the journey. The bike ride was absolutely spectacular. The first 60 kilometers thru Oliver and Osoyoos was pretty easy and I felt very good. I had driven the bike course three days ago so I knew that the challenging hills started at Richter’s pass and continued for another two to three hours. The view going up Richter’s pass was absolutely spectacular and I was actually talking to people as I rode along side them. The drafting police were very lenient as it was almost impossible to keep four bike lengths behind the other bikers in such a big pack. We had aid stations every 10 miles and I just loved pouring cold water on my face and body! The support of the fans along all parts of the course is totally awesome and I really appreciated Dave, Jennifer, and Pheona cheering me on from their vehicle.

Aside: Even though I consumed about five bottles of Gatorade on the bike and the run I did not have to pee once! Apparently my body utilized all of these fluids. The ascent up Yellow Lake reminded me of the Tour de France and I almost expected officials to let us take our helmets off. The winding downhill felt wonderful and I had tears of joy as I saw the view of Penticton and the airport. The bike portion was nearly over and I was pumped full of adrenalin and as high as a kite!

Expect the Unexpected
I was extremely relieved to get off my bike and into my nice comfortable running shorts. I had a good transition and was fueled up and ready to go. Nothing could stop me now because the run was my strongest event. However, a funny thing happened just after the 3 mile mark of the run. I planned on running a mile and then walking thru each aid station. But after the third aid station I could not run any more. I was exhausted, depleted, and forced to walk. I had 20 miles left, struggling uphill, heading into the wind and it was 33 degrees Celsius! What was I going to do?

It was at that point I heard the imaginary voice of my swim coach Malcolm telling me that I had gone out too hard on the bike and had nothing left. “But honestly, I was holding back!” I also remembered Paula Newby Fraser telling us that we better have a plan when something like this happened.

My new plan was to get some different types of food inside me because I was absolutely sick and disgusted with power gel. I tried many grapes and water but that did not work. My last hope was the special needs station at the half way point. I had placed a container of apricot baby food and a spoon in my special needs bag and I hungrily devoured it; but most importantly my stomach approved. I slowly jogged to the next aid station and discovered oranges. My stomach liked them too! I was becoming stronger and in a few miles I was now able to run at a good pace for a mile at a time! My mood had drastically improved and I was no longer depleted and “super-crabby.”

By mile 24, I once again became very fatigued after a nasty uphill. However, I was so close to the finish line I could hear the cheering of the fans. I was going to keep running no matter what! My legs were aching and my stride was shortened but I was magically pulled along by the cheers from the crowd and the voice of the finish line announcer! It was dark and I had difficulty seeing where I was supposed to run. Then suddenly a familiar voice yelled out my name and gave me a high five. It was Laurie! Her presence and support gave me a sudden burst of energy and it seemed as if I was sprinting to the finish line.

I was so close to the finish line when the Gods played one last nasty trick on my fellow competitors and me. We had to run past the finish line for half a mile, turn around, and come back. I was so angry but even more determined not to stop. I made it to the turnaround and ran toward the finish line.

The next few minutes reminded me of a near death experience. All I remember was the absolutely magnificent energy from the cheering spectators and the blinding bright lights at the finish line. All I had to do was keep running to the bright lights and I would be home. The cheering got louder and the lights got brighter. It seemed as if everything was in slow motion as I neared the Holy Grail. Laurie snuck in front of the crowd to give me another high five as I neared the finish line. The announcer screamed out, “Here is your next winner!” I raised my arms in the air victoriously just as I had visualized a thousand times before and I felt the exquisite sensation of my torso pushing thru the finish line ribbon! And then for one brief moment… Life was perfect.
thinkpad365 2009-2-4 22:45:05 显示全部楼层
强度太牛了,真正的铁人三项啊,不过好像自行车也是在大队骑行?
繁花落尽唯剩两颗相连的心

时光化成赤色落日

我们坐在屋沿下

看它渐行渐远

诸几阳光 2009-2-5 00:49:41 显示全部楼层
那些英文是说些什么 俺靠不懂
轮语 2009-2-5 08:07:03 显示全部楼层
哦买膏
雪山飞狐 2009-2-5 08:26:08 显示全部楼层
中英文对照啊!!!