注册

快捷登录

扫码登录更安全

Wonton Bikeride

来源: jamie 2007-10-26 11:19:59 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

登录后获得更多功能

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
Last night we went for a short bikeride around Westlake, and then visited a 'Wonton Restaurant'.

登录/注册后可看大图

The restaurant is extremely popular. An online 'recommendation' read that one can always find inebriated patrons eating on the footpath (sidewalk). Apparently, inebriated patrons only frequent quality eateries. Outside we found such people.

登录/注册后可看大图

The gentleman on the far left of the photograph paid for the evening out. It was his 24th birthday. I don't know if that is 24 Chinese birthdays, or 24 western birthdays, so, I don't know if he's 23 or 24.

登录/注册后可看大图

The little tea-pot on the table does NOT contain tea. It contains vinegar.

The owner made our wonton.

登录/注册后可看大图

She began the restaurant many years ago. She worked in a department store for RMB400 per month [USD$50/month]. This was not sufficient to pay for her sons education, which can be twice that or more. She began with a pot mounted on a trolly, and sold from the footpath. She was constantly avoiding the police, who periodically arrest street vendors. The shop keepers inform the police. I have seen a raid by the street vendor police. The little trolleys make off at considerable speed. All head in different directions.

After a time, the wonton woman rented her own premises so she would no longer need to play hide-and-seek with the street-vendor-gestapo -- and then she probably started informing the police about the street vendors.

With so many years experience, she can pump out these wonton like a machine.

登录/注册后可看大图

[ Last edited by jamie at 2007-10-26 11:28 ]

大神点评11

jamie 2007-10-26 11:25:40 显示全部楼层

登录/注册后可看大图

The wonton is cooked in the boiling pot of water to the person's left. After boiling for a few minutes, a wire and bamboo scoop collects ten wonton (I counted them) and dumps them into the bowls.

登录/注册后可看大图

I have no idea how sanitary this process is. I don't bother to consider it. I just eat.

登录/注册后可看大图

Everyone has the same idea as me. Just eat the stuff. It tastes VERY good.

The owner's most loyal customer is a taxi driver who has been eating at this establishment for eight years. He comes, usually at night, three to five times per week. Many people travel tens of kilometres to sample this cuisine.
浙D 2007-10-26 12:02:50 显示全部楼层
sofa.
hz9527 2007-10-26 12:41:55 显示全部楼层
good article..
described very particular
布衣 2007-10-26 13:08:18 显示全部楼层
Seems delicious
knight778 2007-10-27 19:03:11 显示全部楼层
doesnt  look so sanitary....
hzf588 2007-10-29 00:58:48 显示全部楼层
美味しい
布衣 2007-10-29 10:39:28 显示全部楼层